2 Levels of Professional Learning for UMath X
The first workshop of the PLS is focused primarily on:
- modelling and supporting efficient use of UMath X to help in content knowledge for and instruction by the teacher.
- changing the mindset from … remembering “how” to understanding “why”
The specific goals of the workshop are for the participants to be able to understand and discuss the 6 grounding principles of NLSI:
- moving from the concrete to the pictorial to the abstract,
- multiple representations of concepts,
- learning from mistakes,
- pacing controlled by the learner and,
- using a wide variety of teaching strategies.
There are 3 Objectives of the Level 100 workshop - 3 hours
- Introduce Functionality of UMath X
- Teachers Embrace and Learn the Math through UMath X.
- Teachers are introduced to available resources