Computer Assisted Interactive Learning for Grades 3-10
Neufeld Learning Systems Inc - Legacy Software: This includes software NLSI produced in the past, but no longer sells. This includes both supported (Understanding Math 2008) and unsupported versions (UMath PLUS and earlier) of Understanding Math. This page includes all available material regarding NLSI legacy software.
Since 1985, we have authored and developed mathematics software to be used as a learning tool to support and extend the current mathematics curricula. We believe that the Understanding of Mathematics should be based on student-centered investigations of math concepts beginning with concrete explanations. It is with this commitment that we began to develop Understanding Math programs in 1991.
- Concepts are developed from the concrete to the abstract using a highly interactive interface and on-screen manipulatives.
- Each concept is taught using a variety of approaches.
- The Understanding Math programs have been designed to help students take advantage of their mistakes. Mistakes are an opportunity to learn. The program is designed to offer a series of progressive hints that encourage understanding.
- All topics conclude with Practice Questions and a Topic Test. Questions in both sections are randomly generated.
- Student Topic Test Results can be tracked to monitor student understanding.
- The programs are adaptable to many learning situations… individual, student centered and teacher centered
- They are a flexible learning resource and can be used for remediation, general classroom use and home study
- A very high level of interactivity engages and motivates the learners
- The language is simple, clear and mathematically correct
- A sensible style and approach makes the programs suitable for a wide age of learners
- The programs are interactive and are written in such a manner that all learners, from “at risk” to “advanced”, have success Understanding
- 32 MB of RAM
- 800 x 600 high color (32-bit)
- Windows NT/2000, XP, Vista, 7, OSX (10.0-10.6)
Other NLSI Legacy Software
Unsupported Previous Versions of Understanding Math Software
Unsupported Software: The software in this section is no longer officially supported by NLSI and NLSI make no guarantees regarding it's use or function. NLSI includes these links and materials for archival purpose.
- Understanding Math 2006 (8)
- Understanding Math PLUS v2 (7.5)
- Understanding Math PLUS (7)
- Understanding Math v6.5
- Understanding Math v6.0
- Understanding Math v5.0
- Understanding Math v4.0
- Understanding Math v3.0
- Understanding Math v2.0
- Understanding Math v1.0